Book Name:All about Dinosaurs
- Coelophysis – First Dinosaur.
- Plateosaurus-– First Dinosaur
- Apatosaurus – 21 meters long.
- Compsognathus – Very small.
- Iguanodon – Vegetarian, one of the first found dinosaurs.
- Diplodocus – Longest plant-eater.
- Ankylosaurus -A plant-eater
- Stegosaurus-means “Roofed reptile.”
- Ultrasaurus-Bigger one
- Mussaurus- Baby Dinosaurus, no longer than a kitten
- Psittacosaurus- Size of pigeon.
- Pachcephalosaurus means “Thick headed reptile”.
- Parasaurolophus – has an amazing crest on its head.
- Maiasaura means “Good mother reptile” – a duck-billed Dinosaur.
- Triceratops – nine-meter long and weighed five tones.
- Deinonychus- Fiercest meat eater.
- Coelophysis – Long curved teeth with sharp edges.
- Tyrannosaurus rex – means “King tyrant reptile” terrifying meat eater.
- Allosaurus- Meat eater.
- Hypsilophodon – Run at 40 kms/hr.
Fossils give us clues about Dinosaurs, but they can’t tell the dinosaur color and the noises it made.
Nests and Eggs:
Paleontologists had found fossil eggs with baby dinosaurs inside. The fossil shows that each baby grew to a length of between 40 to 50 CMS before it hatched out.
Sixty-six million years ago, dinosaurs died out, and the reason is still under question. Some say it was due to drastic weather conditions; a giant meteorite hit our planet, etc.
She asks us to draw few pictures as she wants to color. But lost interest in doing it.- Pic 1